Types of Work
Short-Term & Emergency Supply Cover
If you are looking for flexibility then short term supply is a great option that we can offer. Our company prides itself on the close relationships it has with nearby and local schools. We aim to maintain locally-based teacher and teaching assistant ‘groups’ that reflect the demand for supply cover in each area. This will make work life manageable and commuting achievable for all. Daily supply work ranges from one-day requirements to bookings that can run for a number of weeks.
Here is a little more information about how our short term cover works.
- The school requiring cover contact Plus Education Recruitment office.
- Once we have all the details about the post that needs covering we aim to contact the best educator to fit the role with as much notice as possible.
- We contact the best staff member and book in the best match available.
- Our consultant will call the school setting that needs cover with confirmation and details of the booked educator who will be attending their school.
- Once confirmed, our system will send an email booking to the school providing details of educator and details of their vetting checks.
- The supply teaching staff member arrives at school on time, enthusiastic and eager to support the school in delivering a quality education for its pupils.
Long Term Roles
Plus Education Recruitment are committed to providing schools with cover for maternity, long-term staff sickness, unfilled vacancies and on-going specialist interventions. Long-term supply teachers are usually expect to fulfil most if not all of the duties of the substantive post holder. Supply staff who wish to undertake a long term role will typically plan, deliver and mark lessons according to the appropriate scheme(s) of work, be responsible for registration and participate in non-teaching duties such as following up disciplinary issues, writing reports and attendance at staff meetings and parents’ evenings. If this is something that interests you then a role of this kind may be ideal.
Here, we believe our real company value comes when you register and meet with us to tell us more about your ideal role. By doing this we can help you find a role that is the perfect fit for you!
On registering with Plus Education Recruitment, we will ensure you receive a competitive rate of pay that you are satisfied with and ensures you receive the regularity of work you desire.
How often will I get paid?
All staff will be paid on a weekly basis. Payment is subject to us receiving a signed/approved timesheet for the work completed. Payment will be made on Fridays.
Safe Working Practice
Plus Education Recruitment make your safety and the safety of the children in your care our first priority.
Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play in safeguarding children. We expect all our candidates to complete accredited yearly safeguarding training in order to keep their knowledge up to date.
All staff working in schools are expected to make judgements about their behaviour to secure the best interests and welfare of the children in their charge. In doing this, you must understand which behaviours constitute safe practice and which behaviours you must avoid.
The Health and Safety Act 1974 imposes a duty on employees to take care of themselves and anyone else who may be affected by their actions or failings. As an adult with a duty of care towards children, the need to be vigilant and maintain a responsible attitude towards safety in schools is paramount.